Sunday, December 02, 2007

Garden in the Sun

1st December 2007 5:30am I left the house for the bride's makeup at The Saujana at Subang Jaya.

... probably the earliest wedding that I have ever done and it is also the wedding that have been in planning for the longest, Phyllis, my client has started planning her wedding for more than a year and my guess is it is everything she hoped for and more.

She wished for a clear sky and yes, we got a clear blue cloudless sky. In Malaysia that is both a photographer's dream and bane, clear blue skies indicates that we get the final missing element for our photos : clean, pristine blue.... BUT... it brings us our most feared as well, extreme backlighitng. Whilst harsh directional light is good for moody photos and backlit shots are actually more beautiful if you fill it properly with flash; when one is talking about the sun and shooting an event in those conditions; it can quickly become a nightmare.

Well... In any case, somehow me and my partner managed. It's been years since I had to fire my flash at full-power and in some cases, had to use a slave flash because there just isn't enough power to overcome the power of the sun.

Now... less photographer's talk and more about the setting, the garden wedding was set at the pool-side and with it's huge swaying cocunut trees; it is perhaps one of the most beautiful settings, something I'd like for my own wedding with the addition of some greco-styled columns with flowers, that'd be perfect.

Right... I am off to process and select another 1.5k shots from this wedding.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the last photo! I guess it was indeed a wedding.

(:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home