Thursday, November 29, 2007

Morning walk at Putrajaya

Today is one of those days where I was actually crazy enough to be able to pull myself out of bed for an early morning shoot. Armed with a rusty replacement tripod (my own is still in the tripod hospital), me and my friend rushed like mad to reach Putrajaya before 7am.

Decided to go to a place which I often go, the Putrjaya Yacht Club and walked straight down until I got to an angle which I know the sun is going to start coming out from. As soon as the tripod was set-up, the time to shoot came up on us, I shot handheld whilst my friend shot with the tripod.

The shot above was shot at 1/5s with the latest Canon ultrawide angle zoom, the EF 16-35/2.8L II supported on a metal fence. Not too bad, right? A photographer friend of mine actually commented that the colors from this lens is quite amazing and I have to agree. Able to pick up every nuance from light sources across the lake, the ripples off the lake whilst maintaining excellent highlight rendering for the sky.

I will have this lens for the next week or so and would hope to test it more comprehensively acgainst the 24/1.4L and maybe a 17-40/4.0L.

Anyway, it is rather refreshing getting up early in the morning, going to a location, allowing the cool morning breeze to brush against you whilst setting up for the shot. It was rather gloomy this morning but I can say I did certainly enjoy myself anyway, sometimes, photography like any other journey, it is not the end that matters but the journey itself.

Right... one more photo to share.

...till next time!

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Kyels said...

I like the reflection photo.

(:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home