Saturday, November 24, 2007

Elga? Who?

In all honesty, I have had some contact with the local fashion industry for some years now but my contacts really haven't extended much beyond Malaysia.

With that, I hope everyone can forgive me when I actually asked this question silently, "Elga? Who?" when I saw that one of programme today at "It's A Girl Thing" was a private show by the House of Elga.

I did pass-by their booth quite on the past 2 days and it was very basic and little did the booth tell me that suggested what kinds of goods they were selling, let alone what kind of fashion they offered.

After witnessing the fashion show by the House of Elga today, I can almost understand and accept that when the fashions speaks for you, you need little else.

Yes, the fashion was impressive and I would not say too much as I am afraid that my words would describe them incorrectly.; but what I can say is that the fashion of Elga Naldy from Indonesia is about embroidery, matching patterns on contrasting colors and they simply look quite amazing.

As it would be quite improper for me to post anymore photos since the images have yet to reach the press; I can only show a rear shot as of now. Do a search on the web on the subject and I guess is all my fellow Malaysians, it's time for us to know a bit more about fashion designers from our neighbours and specifically, Ms. Elga Naldy of Indonesia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home